Last updated February 16, 2009
This post is no longer up to date. Please follow this link to the Task Scheduler Management Pack for Windows Server 2003 and 2008 post, where the most recent release of the management pack is available for download.
After having had feedback from Will Hodgkinson, I am posting yet another update to the Windows Server 2003 Scheduled Task management pack. It can be downloaded from here: Original Post
- Added a monitor which alerts if a task runs past its next scheduled time (an execution is skipped)
- Added a monitor which alerts on long running tasks (must be configured using overrides)
- Added a rule to collect the scheduled tasks’ duration as a performance graph
- Documentation updated
Due to a change required, the new MP can not be installed over older versions (V 18.104.22.168 and below). If you have installed an older version and would like to upgrade, you must follow these steps:
- Try deleting the ‘Custom Windows Scheduled Task Monitoring’ MP. If you receive a ‘Dependent Management Packs’ notification, take a note of their names.
- Export the dependent MPs to a temporary location
- Delete the dependent MPs
- Delete the old ‘Custom Windows Scheduled Task Monitoring’ MP
- Import the current MP: ‘Custom.Windows.ScheduledTask.Monitoring.mp’
- Re import the dependent MPs from their temporary location