Today I was able to release an update to the SQL Server DB Mirroring Management Pack.
The update doesn’t bring any new features but fixes a potential issue on larger management groups which would lead to discoveries failing. In order to work around this I have altered the Powershell discovery scripts such that they do no longer make use of any SCOM console cmdlets. Instead direct SDK .NET calls are being used. I recommend to update existing installations specifically if you are using management group connectors, the Exchange 2010 correlation engine or other custom MPs which make use of SDK workflows.
Download of the management pack is available trough the SystemCenterCentral.com MP Catalog. You need to register but registration is free.
MP Change History
Version 184.108.40.206 – April, 28 2011 (no functional changes)
- Corrected spelling in language pack.
- Replaced all SCOM shell cmdlets with .NET calls to overcome a potential issue when several connectors and other MPs share a single SDK connection.
- Improved discovery script timing behaviour when using desired configuration for a large number of mirrors.
Version 220.127.116.11 – September, 10 2010
- Support for SQL Server 2005 has been added and compatibility with SQL Server 2008 R2 has been verified. Starting with version 18.104.22.168, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2 are supported.
- Default Display Names of discovered DB Mirror Groups have been shortened and may optionally be changed to a customized string. See the guide for details.
Version 22.214.171.124 – June, 04 2010
- Original release – SQL Server 2008 support only