And now for the task scheduler: Today’s update has been on my to-do list for a very long time. Same story as with the certificate MP: I have completely re-written the scheduled task MP based on PowerShell, aiming to fully support SCOM 2012 and Windows 2012.
MP change history
- SCOM 2012 and 2012 R2 only.
- Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 support (limited Windows 2003 compatibility via legacy MP).
- PowerShell Scheduled Job support added (PoSh 3.0 and later).
- Timing is mostly event-driven: significantly reduce the number of script calls required on the average agent system.
- Verbose filters to adjust task discovery.
- Disabled root discovery out-of-the-box (quick start MP included).
- Disabled advanced monitors and rules out-of-the-box.
Please read the included MP guide and the release notes carefully. Especially if you are upgrading from the previous (SCOM 2007) MP version.
Please make sure that PowerShell >=2.0 is installed on all agents that require task scheduler monitoring.
Previous versions of this MP had the root discoveries enabled. As this was changed to disabled, you will need to configure re-enable overrides to the required discoveries plus advanced monitors if you were relying on them.
Download (from OneDrive)
- SHA-1: 181f245b04b31eeb4afa8594eac5dec84d8e2730
Download: Scheduled Task MP 126.96.36.199 (legacy SCOM 2007). Note that this version is no longer being developed.
- SHA-1: dcba000dff5115fe89508c7b21b90bf39c0fe9bf